Friday, July 25, 2014

Tidy House...Tidy Mind.

This is just a quick jot down or reflection on Head Space.  The first week of school went well, everyone hit the ground running once again with teachers back ready to teach and learn and students back ready to learn and teach!  It's been busy with data checking, performances, assemblies, new staff at school, overviews and calendars getting in sinc to name a few things happening this week.
One thing I did get stuck into this week was a wee tidy up of the drawers...amazing the amount of things one drawer can accumulate over a couple of terms.  I didn't realise I had accrued so much in such a shortish period of time.  Hence this post...Tidy house, Tidy mind.  I find it easier to get myself in the right headspace for work, when things around me are in some semblance of order.
  By semblance of order, I don't mean alphabetised folders and colour coded papers...I mean, a place for everything and everything in its place.  The 'places' I refer to here are 'my' places and I know where something should be, and if it's not there, then it's lost or someone put it somewhere other than 'my' place. 
So, with lists made of 'things to do' and professional readings ready to be read, I shall endeavour to add my thoughts, opinions and ideas around 'education' and my role as a senior manager in a school to my blog this term.
....and that's all I've got to say about my drawers!

No comments:

Post a Comment