Monday, February 2, 2015

2015 - And so it begins....

It's the beginning of a new year and after a long and well rested break, I'm now getting back into school mode.  It will be an exciting year, with a lot of new learning to be had by all.  So, as we like to encourage students to set goals in their learning, I'm going to set goals in my learning in the role as a school administrator.

I guess my biggest goal this year is 'Clarity'.  Clarity in my communication with colleagues, clarity in my organisation, clarity in my decision making and clarity in my application.  Being in the role I am, I find that I am often more 'mind full' than 'mindful' of what I am doing.  I get so tied up in the business of the day, that I forget to take time to stop, reflect and see clearly what it is I am achieving and why.  I need to be more 'mindful' as apposed to 'mind full' - be clear about what I hope to achieve in a day, a week, a month, a term...a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment