Sunday, August 1, 2010

Keziah tries to persuade Ms Hansell


Dear Ms Hansell

Wouldn’t it be nice to let someone else walk in your shoes for a day? Imagine being able to step back and let another person answer your phones and worry about the building project. I know that I am a responsible leader in our school and I know that I would be a responsible principal for the day.

I could arrange a little carnival day to fundraise money to fix the handle on the flying fox because kids like playing on it, and at the moment we can’t. I could organise a day of playing games and selling sausage sizzles and drinks. We could even have a mufti day and charge the kids $1.00 to wear the clothes they want to wear. Wouldn’t it be fun to have a fundraising day for our school?

If kids come to your office I could read their work, write comments and give them kiss stamps. I would feel excited to read what they have written about, and I could give them feedback and feed forward to help them write even better stories.

I could lead the Kapa Haka group because over the last few years I have been chosen to perform the karanga for the Year 6 graduations and other special occasions in our school. I know the words and actions for the waiatas and I could even teach the group a new song that I know. Wouldn’t that be cool?

Ms Hansell I know that you deserve a break from everything you do for us. Think about having a relaxation day, no work, no school no nothing just having a break from all your hard work. After all research shows if you give students as many opportunities as possible to serve as leaders in their schools it will inspire them to become leaders when they leave school. Being a leader is something I want to be, so I hope I have convinced enough you give me this opportunity.

Yours Sincerely

Keziah

3 comments:

  1. Hello Keziah,
    You have thoroughly convinced me that you have the skills to be a Principal for a Day. I am suggesting next Friday - you have made some very valid points and your argument is very sound. I like the way you have mixed up the work that I do with the way that I might feel while doing the job of Principal. Friday 6th August it is then!!! Get your outfit ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Keziah. It is Friday the 6th of August and I am at the National Library For Schools in Parnell ALL day and I am wondering how your day as Principal has gone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Keziah - I have seen your work online for a while now and I am impressed. You sure know how to sell an idea and you have an IMPRESSIVE resume. I think your future career options include; school principal, PR and communications. Go hard!
    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete