Thursday, August 12, 2010

Meet Principal Keziah...


What an extraordinary day for me to have the opportunity to be the principal for a day. I had so much fun and felt really important when the kids called me Miss Keziah.

My day started when I had to say a speech off the top of my head to the representatives from Rotary. For me it was nerve wracking to stand up there and say something, I thought I was going faint but I felt lucky to be able to help Mr Hunt give the Year 4 students their dictionaries.

After assembly the senior syndicate, Ms Hansell, the teachers and I did Kapa Haka. It was amazing we learnt a song and a Haka in about half an hour or so, it was unbelievable! Later on Kapa Haka was finished and the seniors had a five-minute early start to morning tea. While they were outside, I stayed in the hall with Ms Hansell, Mrs Fepulea’i and Miss Hansell and we had a hot drink. It was such a fun treat to do that.

After morning tea Ms Hansell had to go to a meeting so I was left in charge of the school. I felt so excited to have that job. Mrs Gibson gave me the school mobile phone to walk around with in case they needed to contact me. Next I went around the school to make sure that everything was ok and to see if the teachers needed anything done. I went into Room 6 (my usual classroom) for a little while to see what they were doing. They were all really pleased to see me. After that I helped Kelly with the lunches then the bell rang. I went outside and saw heaps of happy students and teachers it was an amazing sight to see. While everyone was outside some of the teachers and I went upstairs and got some yummy lunch and a hot drink in the staff room.

When lunchtime was finished I went into the office and helped Mrs Williamson count how many children had brought money for the school photos. After helping Mrs Williamson the bell for home time went and I turned back into a student and went and got R.J. (my younger brother). I had such a great day and my family were so proud of me. I would love to be a principal when I grow up. Thank you Ms Hansell.

4 comments:

  1. You are such a stunning young person, Keziah. You have had "LEADERSHIP" written all over you since you were in the Junior classes. It is a wonderful experience for us as staff, to watch you grow into such a capable leader. Everyone thought you made an excellent "Principal for a Day" - Kia Ora mo nga mahi nui e kotiro!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You showed such responsibility and maturity in your roll and Principal for a day. I look forward to working with you one day Keziah!:)
    From Mrs Fepuleai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hearing you read this out at assembly, Keziah - it makes me feel very proud of you - can't wait to see what is next for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to say a BIG THANK-YOU to Ms Hansell for giving me that opportunity to become a principal for a day and I would also like to say thank-you to everyone who helped and supported me on that day thank-you very much.

    From Keziah :D

    ReplyDelete