Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rescued... A Narrative by Anais

As I saw the terrifying wave coming closer my heart was pounding so fast. It's enormous hands wrapped around my body. The midday sun was rising but I didn't feel the heat. The waves grabbed me laughing as they were pulling me closer. I took a really deep breath and found myself in the water.

I shivered with fear and in seconds there was total silence. All I could hear were waves crashing and I felt frightened.
"Help!" I yelled.

I was hoping the lifeguards would see I needed them. I was so relieved. As they were getting closer I couldn't wait for them any longer. When they yanked me out, I was thrilled but at the same time I was freezing.
"Put this around you," said the lifeguard.
"Thanks," I shivered.

1 comment:

  1. Anais, I have loved listening to you read your writing to me and also to the whole school in Assembly. I love the way you made the huge wave sound like a person - "enormous hands wrapped around my body." Great work

    ReplyDelete